Facebook Badge

Monday, April 2, 2012

The great Sephora Mix-up!!

Everyone who reads my blog knows I love ordering from Sephora. With their free samples, promo gifts, great sales and free shipping over $50, I consider myself one of their besty-best customers! Recently I placed an order with them for the new Pantone Universe eyeshadow quad, adding in a bevy of other assorted goodies to get my free shipping. I was also excited, since it was my birthday month, to be able to request my FREE bday gift-what a deal!! My box arrived and I happily opened it. This is what I found:

There was my Pantone Universe shadow, yay! And there were 2 of the 3 free samples I ordered...but the rest? No, I did not order any of it!! My heart was broken, I tell you....where was my birthday gift? My body butter gift set that I ordered? My STUFF???

I called them right away and the customer service representative couldn't have been more helpful. She apologized profusely, said I did not need to send the box back, that she would send out a new shipment of the items  I didn't get, along with three NEW samples! She credited me for a couple items I'd ordered that were no longer in stock, so I even have a store credit to use next time around!

Sure enough, a few days later, this arrived:

Indian Coconut Nectar body butter and a fragrance roller-pen by Pacifica. Oh.My.Gawd. So delicious smelling and the body butter goes on like silk. I abosolutely LOVE it. It also came with a lip tint in a sheer golden-brown shade that is perfect for a quick lip fix or under a gloss.

I'm still waiting for my birthday surprise, as they had to do two shipments this time, but its all good. And out of the mayhem of mis-orders came this nice little surprise:

I somehow ended up with a few of these, Miracle Skin Transformer by Sarah McNamara. Listed as a "5-in-1 formula designed to hydrate, prime, enhance, mattify and protect" this is a version of the BB creams everyone is talking about. I tried it (figured I might as well since I had it now) and really liked it. The only thing, which I notice was mentioned in product reviews on the Sephora website, is that even though the shade I have is "medium", it didn't really add any color. So if it is supposed to be similar to a tinted moisturizer, it isn't. But as a primer under a tinted moisturizer and/or powder, I think its great!

Just goes to show, things always work out! I got a little added bonus from Sephora, and got to try some products I normally would not! More later this week on the Pantone Universe Shadow, by the way, because it pretty much rocks the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment