Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Birchbox Goodies

If you missed my other posts about Birchbox, you really should  consider checking them out. For a mere $10 a month, I have a little box (a Birchbox!) shipped to me that contains an assortment of amazing samples of new products. If you like the samples, you can buy the full size products via their website, which also offers various discounts, sales and incentives. Here's what this month's box contained:

Atelier Cologne in "Orange Sanguine"- This is a really nice fragrance with a slight orange undertone. Its a little heavier/spicier (it has sandalwood too) than my usual scent, but I still like it. And as I've said before, perfume samples are the best for traveling!

Marula "The Leakey Collection" Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil- Made from the marula fruit, this oil is suppose to be chock-full of antioxidants to help fight aging.You can use it on your face, hands, etc. I used it on my face and was a little hestitant at using an oil, but it wasn't heavy at all and really left my skin smooth.

Weleda Pomegranate Firming Night Cream- Combining Turkish pomegranate (different from regular pomegranate? Not sure...), jojoba and macadamia nut oils, this is the latest in anti-aging creams. It smells nice, really almost fragrance free. I'll have to get back to you on the firming properties....

Zoya Nail Polish- Very pretty shade of beige from Zoya. Their polishes are non-toxic and are supposed to last 50 percent longer than traditional polishes. It said it goes on 'opaque' but on my nails it was beige-not an opaque beige, just beige. Again, I'll get back to you on whether or not it really lasts longer than other polishes!

Yes To Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes-I tried one of these this morning, and it was actually quite refreshing! Smells good and contains apple, blueberry and lemon peel extracts. Another great item to take along when traveling, which I'll be doing this weekend so they will be coming with me!

Birchbox website also contains tutorials and articles, both in video and written form. If you sign up for a monthly Birchbox delivery, expect to be put on a waiting list for a couple weeks before you are "approved". Which is kinda weird to me, and in my opinion is probably just a marketing ploy. But that's okay because once you start getting your box of fun, you will love it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your updates on the Birchbox products, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoy getting this in the mail every month!

      Delete