Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Need Body?

The Body Shop has always been a favorite of mine. Their products are excellent quality, they have great sales and  I like their policies on Fair Trade and providing cruelty-free products.

I stopped in the other day to pick up some facial cleanser. I like a creamy cleanser, nothing that foams or dries. I've used a few different Body Shop facial cleansers, this is my latest favorite:

Their Natrulift line is meant to help reduce and soften fine lines, with pomegranate seed oil and Brazil nut oil. I like the cleanser because it leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth, and smells great. Of course, they happened to be having a sale (Buy one get one 50 percent off, buy two get one free, buy three get 2 free...ah marketing ploys, how I love you and fall for you every time!) so I bought the day moisturizer to go with it. I really like it, it is actually fairly thick for a day cream-a good thing for my dry skin.

In order to further take advantage of their sale, I got this:

The Vitamin C line is another good one, great smelling products that work well. This line is purported to give extra "radiance" to your skin, utilizing vitamin C to encourage collagen production and protect against environmental damage. I bought the microdermabrasion exfoliator, which I've used before and really like. It leaves my skin with a nice glow, but isn't harsh at all. I keep it in the shower for convenience, using it once or twice a week during my normal regime.

As I was heading towards the check-out, I stumbled upon this little gem:

What a perfect combo! I love a good body scrub and I love the smell of ginger! I highly recommend using a body scrub at least a couple times a week in the shower to remove dead skin and exfoliate. And for those who like to use self-tanners or spray tans, exfoliating is an important part of creating an even tan. I sometimes make my own sugar scrub, but at the deep bargain discount of $4.00, I couldn't walk away from this! I tried it the very next morning and all  I can say is YUM.

In addition to regular sales, specials and deep discounts, the Body Shop has a loyalty program called "Love Your Body". For $10, you sign up and get a discount card that offers special savings and discounts, a birthday gift worth $10 off your purchase, and regular discounts once you accumulate a certain amount of points. You can even get free renewal on your card once you purchase a certain amount, so the $10 price tag is a pretty good deal.

Give your body some love- natural, cruelty-free, great smelling love, at The Body Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment