Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Breakin' up is hard to do.....

It looks like spring has finally arrived! Up here in the Far North, we refer to this time of year as "Break-up", probably having to do with the old-timers watching the ice break and melt on the lakes and rivers. Break-up is actually one of my favorite times of year, despite the mess. It is a harbinger of a new beginning, a new season, and a (not so) fond farewell to the snow.

If you've lived through a break-up season or two, you know that one important item to own is a good pair of spring boots! When I was a kid, we got the basic black or brown rubber boot from Pay-n-Save (anyone remember Pay-n-Save?). Today, there are so many other choices out there, its hard for a girl to decide which fashionable boot she'd like to wear.

Two boots that are VERY popular here are Boggs and XtraTufs:


They are both durable and warm, and are good for not only getting through the mud and wet of the spring season, but great for keeping feet warm and dry all year long. Honestly though, neither is a big favorite of mine. I see Xtratufs as just big ol' rubber boots-more for a fishing boat than anything else. Lots of women wear them-out to dinner, with dresses, etc. I'm sorry, but no. Doesn't work for me. The Boggs are pretty cute, and if I needed a heavier boot, I would probably get some. I have tried some on and my biggest complaint is these suckers are HARD to get on my feet!!! 

My spring boots look similar to these:

Easy on and relatively inexpensive. They go up high enough to keep splashing water out, have a nice tread for walking through muck, and wipe clean.

If you're looking for something a bit fancier, Coach has these:



Not sure if I'd want to pay that much extra just for the Coach brand, the boots seem pretty much the same as the ones I bought for $30.

If you want something REALLY funky, check these out:

Yep, cowboy rain boots! So you can look fashionable while mucking out the barn! These would actually look cute with a skirt or jeans, I like them!

I'm a big Tokidoki fan, and I think these are both fun:


Hello Kitty and Tokidoki Rain boots! Very cute!


And if you are more of a "kicks" girl, here are some tennis shoes with a twist:

Today's rain boots can fit any style, with fun and fashionable looks that are still practical.

These sure aren't the rainboots of our childhoods.....


Goodbye ugly old boots! We are done with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment