Facebook Badge

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Wild side!

Since I am not really into manicures (love my pedicures but manicures?...eh) I'm always on the lookout for fun, new nail polish colors. And as a girl on a budget, if I can find an inexpensive polish that lasts, what a bonus!

I was excited to see a new polish from Wet-n-Wild cosmetics yesterday and grabbed a couple different colors to try it out. With a name like "Megalast", it has to be good, right? And the colors were awesome!!

The color on the left is "Wet Concrete" and the one on the right is "Bite the Bullet". They look similar but Wet Concrete is a pretty shade of light brown, a great nude color for spring. Bite the Bullet is lavendar, another spring color that looks good with everything.

I went with Bite the Bullet for my nails

It went on quickly and very smooth, in part to this ingenious brush! Look how wide and flat it is! It gives much more even coverage than a standard polish brush...


Part of the reason I don't care much for manicures is that no matter how careful I am, I end up with chipped nails. And I'm not inclined to pay twice as much for the gel polishes, touted to last 2 weeks, at salons. Its just easier for me to keep my nails fairly short and put a clear coat of polish on them for shine. I decided to put this polish to the test by applying it right before I left for work at my part-time restaurant job.

This is how my nails looked at the end of the night, after schlepping food, glasses, pouring wine, dropping menus, etc.

Still pretty good! And this morning I'm looking at them and they have no chips, no wear around the tips, nothing.

Wet-n-Wild Megalast is available at all drugstores. I got mine at Fred Meyer for $1.99 a bottle! What a steal of a deal! An inexpensive spring addition to your wardrobe and style, check them out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment