Facebook Badge

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Breakfast of Champions!

I know, I'm supposed to be on a mission to lose some weight. But I just couldn't resist this lovely breakfast treat (hey I figure it's better to eat it early when I have a chance of burning it off over the course of the day!)

I just had a birthday, and my sweetheart boyfriend made an amazing dinner for the family, as well as getting cupcakes from my VERY favorite local cake shop, Superstar Pastry Design, or as I refer to it "Superstar Cupcake Bar". Started in 2004, this is the only place in town that has a "cupcake bar", where you can walk in and order a cupcake (or an assortment of cupcakes) custom-made just for you. You can choose from one of their creations or make up your own. Pictured above is the Peppermint Patty, a chocolate cupcake with fudge filling, chocolate buttercream icing, crushed peppermint and a delicious little york mint candy! My other favorite is the "Little Princess", which is a red velvet cupcake, bavarian cream filling, raspberry buttercream, sprinkles and a cherry.

The cupcakes however, are really just the tip of the iceberg. They also make amazing wedding cakes, birthday cakes-really any kind of special occasion cake you might need! Check out their Facebook page here for images of some of their best cakes.

Located in midtown Anchorage, in the little mall on the corner of Benson and Minnesota, they are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. They even offer free WiFi in their lounge area if you want to hang out.

Ah...nothing like a cupcake and coffee for breakfast! It's still my birthday week after all, I think its okay to indulge a little....

No comments:

Post a Comment