Facebook Badge

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Product Review; iVi Scents

I stumbled across iVi Scents recently and was immediately intrigued by their products. Started by entrepreneur Aarin Elizabeth in 2009, iVi has grown into a popular beauty line-mainly through social media and word of mouth! Their products are made of natural ingredients, cruelty-free and non-toxic. They contain no parabens, mineral oils or phthalates, which means they are not harmful to your skin or health.

I am a lover of scents that are sweet, citrusy or fresh, so their soaps and lotions captured my interest. I ordered their "birthday cake" body butter and soap. My order went through without a hitch and I received it within 5 days of my order-pretty good for delivery to the Far North!



The packaging is cute, I like the "we heart you" sticker on the soap box!

I tried the body butter (or body frosting as the jar says) first. I was a little apprehensive because sometimes body butters can leave a sticky residue. And with a name like "Body Frosting" (in cake scent no less) I was worried I would have sticky yuckiness on my body. I was very pleased and surprised to see that the body butter absorbs right into the skin, leaving me with smooth, lightly scented arms that had NO clammy, gummy leftovers!




I think the biggest problem with the body frosting  is remembering that it is not intended for consumption (although with the ingredients, I guess you *could* eat it....) It looks and smells just like REAL frosting! But it absorbs like the very best lotions. I like it better than the BodyShop's body butter line.

The soap is a pretty pink color and smells  like cake batter (and I know this because I made cupcakes a couple days ago....). I normally avoid soap because I have very dry skin. Soap, no matter what brand or ingredients, leaves my skin tight and uncomfortable. But iVi soap works more like a body wash. It doesn't lather up hugely, just enough to get my loofah filled with soap. It rinsed off very clean-when I dried off I felt NONE of the usual tightness I associate with soaps. And of course, it smells heavenly!

The pretty pastel pink pastel looks lovely in my bath, and as an added bonus, it made my whole bathroom smell good!

iVi has a wide range of products and scents, from florals to citrus to sweet. In addition to their Birthday Cake line, top sellers include Hawaiian cake soap and Birthday Cake Sugar Scrubs (both sold out when I tried to order them...waaah! But I'm on the waiting list!) They also carry "towel treats", washclothes artfully packaged to look like cute little desserts-what a great gift idea! Prices range from $5-$15. And if you are looking for a gift but not sure what someone might like, they also have gift cards!

I ordered some extra soaps as gifts, and I am excited to try the sugar scrub when it is available again-I really like a good exfoliater, its important to get those dead skin cells off, especially if you like to use spray tans of any kind.

Give your Valentine some extra sweetness with iVi.  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment