Facebook Badge

Thursday, February 16, 2012

If loving shoes is wrong...I don't wanna be right

Call it a fetish, call it whatever you want. I love shoes. I love them in a completely unapologetic and forthright way, refusing to accept that I don't need another pair or that "those black shoes look just like the ten other pairs of black shoes you own".

Shoes always fit, no matter how tight my jeans happen to be at the moment. Shoes give a boost to any outfit, changing a basic dress to something flirty and sassy with the simple addition of a little color or height. Shoes are the first harbinger to the new season-there is no greater feeling than the first day in spring when I can wear an open toed, strappy sandal without freezing!

While I'd love a pair or two, I'm not a Manolo girl like the lovely Carrie Bradshaw. My budget doesn't allow it and I prefer variety in my shoes over just having a few expensive pairs. So I was happy to see that Nordstrom is having a clearance sale on shoes:

Nordstrom isn't the only place to find shoes, however. You can find super cute, inexpensive shoes in lots of unexpected places. I happen to love Target for shoes, they usually have a nice variety in the $25-40 price range. The only downside, at least at my local Target, is they run out of sizes and styles quickly. Another fun place for shoes is Fred Meyer, the Pacific Northwest's Kroger store. I sometimes use their clothing coupons out of the Sunday sale flyer, giving me an additional 10 to 20 percent off sale prices. Other shoe shopping ventures at major retailers  include stores such as JCPenney, Sears, Famous Footwear and Payless. Payless is great for summer shoes or funky stuff that I know won't make it to the next season's styles.

For those of us lucky enough to live in the Far North, local retailers are another fun option. ShuzyQ has a wide variety of some of the cutest shoes on the planet, with surprisingly affordable prices. Skinny Raven is the place to go for running shoes and Alaska's ever-loving Dansko obsession. And places like Her Tern Boutique or Lulu E. Bebe offer unusual styles, limiting quantities so you won't see your shoes on a million other girls feet.

No matter what your personal style is, no matter if you like heels or casual kicks, boots or pumps, flip flops or flats, shoes will give you love when your jeans give you indigestion. Let your fashion spirit fly...take those shoes and run with them!




2 comments:

  1. Another great local place for shoes is Bottoms Boutique. She carries some great shoes (I have several pair of Naughty Monkey's from there), and she also has a selection of $25 shoes. I feel like it's a little candy store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot all about Bottoms Boutique! Great suggestion!

      Delete