Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Time machine!

I was feeling a little nostalgic today, so I thought I'd give myself (and everyone else at my expense, but thats okay!) a laugh and dig through some old pics to showcase my "fashion" sense of long ago....

Let's start with 1982 or so. I really love how the frosty pink lipstick plays against the color-coordinated outfit. And the white plastic belt, along with the "popped" collar! If you look behind me, you can see the Sears family photo....priceless!


1985ish here. Like my RayBans? Everyone had to have a pair!
Moving on into the early 90s. The mullet is finally growing out. Still color coordinated with my denim mini skirt and lighter denim top. And look at those button covers, omg!!!
This is at a friends wedding. See my awesome padded shoulders. No more mullet, thank God. And as you can see, "bumped" hair was incredibly popular during that time....

Every girl needed a fanny pack. And white keds.....
Oh sweet Jesus. In addition to the denim hat with the flower, note the padded shoulders and crocheted type vest. Vests, oh they were HOT!
My small town modeling stint. I still love that hat! Love hats, period! My hair is shorter here, and button covers were still in style!

I think its always fun to look at old pics and reminisce, I had a lot of fun back in the day, and while I always didn't make the best decisions (fashion and otherwise!) I do think life is all about learning. And I've taken away some great lessons from those days, growing and learning, always striving to become a better person. And a better dresser.........!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment