Facebook Badge

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Time...and so it goes

My son and I went horseback riding on Friday. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time. I'd purchased a Groupon for a trail ride as part of his birthday gift, and figured we better use it!!
Here are a few pics of our day!




I was thinking last night about how time seems to go by so fast, the older you get and the busier life is. How its important, in this crazy world, to remember the things that ARE important. Because someday, all of us will be at the end of this journey. I have tried, in my children's lives, to create memories for them that they can reflect on and hold onto. And I hope they will look back at those memories and understand that even though I am not a perfect parent, my love for them IS perfect, every day and every minute of my life. If they can know that, and end up happy, strong, self-sufficent and productive, I've done okay. I hope.

Family is a beautiful gift, albeit a flawed one. Because when you're dealing with human beings-complex, mercurial, unusual creatures that we are, its bound to get messy. We all have different perceptions on life and how it should be, on situations, on how we were treated and how we treated others. But at the end of the day, I just want my family to know that they are all THE important thing in my life. Despite my flaws, my own issues, my mistakes, my love is always crystal clear in my heart.

Hold onto those you love, and those who love you. Because you never know when the day will come that its your last day, or theirs. Hug your mom, call your cousin, take your kids on an adventure! Life is such a beautiful thing, and giving your family the gift of your time and love is one thing you will never look back on with regret.

Anyway, I'll stop with the rambling and close with a favorite quote:

"This is my one and only life. And its a great and terrible and short and endless thing. And none of us come out of it alive."

Go live. And go love.

1 comment: