Facebook Badge

Monday, June 18, 2012

Finally! Review of Dinair Airbrush Kit!

So I've been making vague promises about reviewing the Dinair Airbrush makeup Kit I was lucky enough to win via Denise Richard's website! I finally took the time to get myself in gear and create a review of this very cool product, and I apologize for taking so long. I tried to prepare a review once before but the pictures I took just didn't turn out. And since this is a product I probably wouldn't use for every day, I had to wait until I could give myself both enough time to try the kit properly, but to take pictures that might actually show you how it works!

The kit I received was the starter kit, which consists of these items:

Your "spray gun" with attached motor, a various assortment of foundation tones so you can create your  own unique colors, eye colors and cleaner. It also comes with an instructional DVD and tons of tutorials. I started, after reviewing the tutorials, with a loaded "gun"


My first try was a little messy, as you can see the foundation on my hand. That was operator error and has nothing to do with the sprayer. The technique is you put a few drops of foundation in the top loader of the sprayer. The applicator is attached via a rubber nozzle to the motor, which plugs into any outlet and has a easy on-off switch. Right behind the top loader, you can see a small grey button. That is what you use to control your spray. You also want to make sure you are holding the sprayer at least 4 inches from your face (that seemed to be the perfect distance for me anyway.)

Here's my blotchy "before" face....


I carefully sprayed, using as smooth and even of a sweep as I possibly could. Now this was my second try at using the kit, so I knew not to use too much (my mistake last time) and to apply slow, careful layers. Here is the result....

As you can see, it definitely smooths out skin tone and dimishes those fine lines and spots. I like the polished look this kit gives! It is really the perfect addition for anyone wanting to look super fabulous for a special event or party. My only complaint is this stuff is kind of like shelac! It goes on and STAYS on. Which again, might be attributed to operator-error. I think I'm still a little heavy-handed in my application and need to practice more.

The Dinair Kit retails for about $200, which makes me even happier I won it! I don't know if I'd spend that much for something I will use only for special occasions. But I think for a makeup artist (or someone who wants to be one) its an excellent investment, or if you just love the idea of looking photo-fabulous on a regular basis!!!



I'm very happy to have been able to add the Dinar Airbrush kit to my collection, and I will certainly be using it again. I might even try it on some of my girlfriends if I can talk them into it and they don't start running away when they see me coming with my "gun"!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment