Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birchbox for June....

The theme for June's Birchbox was "JetSet" with goodies for summer and goodies for travel! Here's what I got....



1. Beauty Blender- A makeup brush and sponge cleanser. Soy based and guaranteed to keep your brushes clean. I usually just soak mine in a sink of warm water every few months, so I doubt I'll be buying the full size of this, but I'll still try out the sample.

2. Comodynes Self Tanning Intensive-I used this yesterday and it works pretty well, although I prefer either a spray (Banana Boat spray tan is my favorite) or a lotion (Jergens is a good one) for my tanning needs. I think this is a great travel item though and tossed the other sample of it into my travel kit for beach vacations this winter...

3. Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect-This is a spray-on, leave-in conditioning treatment for hair. I tried it and I think I might be ordering some of this. I always struggle with dryness and frizz (yes because I treat my hair like crap, I know) and this really made a difference!!! I wasn't sure about the smell initially-its different. But not bad different. Just "what is this smell?" different. I liked it after a couple uses.

4. The Balm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen. This doubles as both a lip and cheek stain. I'm not much into stains and it was pink, which isn't a good color for my lips....cute little tube though and I bet other girls would LOVE it. It does stay on well, through wine and food!

5. tili bag-Okay how fun is this?! A cute little plastic baggie that meets TSA requirements for getting your liquids through security when you travel. Its really a frivolous thing, since a regular plastic bag works JUST fine. But its SO cute!!!! I'll be using it for sure, and probably ordering more.

6. John Varvatos cologne for men-In honor of Father's Day they tossed in a sample for the guys in your life. I gave it to my guy, but he's out of town so I haven't been able to see how it smells on him. Cologne usually smells quite delicious on his lovely skin though, so I anticipate liking it!

That's it for June's Birchbox. Remember if you haven't signed up, go to their website and check it out. Its a really fun and inexpensive way to try new items. Plus they have tutorials and lots of great sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment