Facebook Badge

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dry hair in the dry air

Its that time of year when the air is so dry, you can feel the moisture sucking out of your body from the minute you wake up. We try to hydrate with water, moisturize with lotions, but what about our poor, dried-out hair?

My hair tends to be excessively dry, some of which I can blame on the weather, but mostly my own fault due to washing too often, drying too hot and coloring a bit too much. So I try to offset my abusive treatment towards my locks by giving it some extra love and extra conditioning.

Two products that I have recently discovered:

Joico K-PAK Revitaluxe

K-PAK Revitaluxe is supposed to repair years of damage "instantly". Okay so it doesn't necessarily repair instantly-I'm not even sure if that's possible. We are talking hair, dead cells, after all. But....my hair feels so much smoother and silkier after I use it! Softer and my split ends are much less noticable. You apply it to wet hair and leave on for about 5 minutes, so its easy to use in the shower once a week.

I also just tried a new salon and they used this on my hair:

Repair Rescue Amino Fortifier by Schwarzkopf

This product claims to repair hair that is weakened and "severely" damaged by "repeated chemical service" (that would be my hair....). The stylist applied it to my wet hair, putting a cap on me and having me sit under the dryer for about 10 minutes. She then gave me the rest of the tube to use at home, which was cool.

I think it works better than the K-PAK. My hair seemed to really absorb it, was shiny and actually felt healthier. I still have the rest of the tube, she said it should be enough for 3 more treatments. She even gave me extra caps for my hair!

So if you are looking for something to repair, moisturize and revilatize, I would recommend either of these products, just depends on whether you want to condition in the shower or use a product that you have to leave on for 10-15 minutes.

Either way, make sure you take care of those tresses ladies. Its said to be our "crowning glory" and while I don't know about that, I do know its something that people notice right away (at least I do) and while good looking hair can totally "make" a look, bad and sad damaged hair can ruin any outfit. Break out those deep conditioners and get some shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment