Facebook Badge

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Favorite thing-January

I decided to add something new to my blog. Every month I will write a post about something I consider a "favorite" in my beauty regime. It might be something I use all the time, or a new product I've discovered. This month, I'm choosing something I use regularly and really love. Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Treatment:

I think this is one of the most effective over-the-counter microdermabrasion kits one can buy, and a great deal at under $30. Professional microdermabrasion can run up into the hundreds of dollars, and while this product might not produce the exact same result as a salon treatment, it is still a great treat for your skin.

To use Olay Regenerist, you start out with a clean dry face. So wash off the makeup!


Then, apply the microdermabrasion treatment. It smells really nice and goes on like a sugar scrub. I like to apply it to my neck too, an area we all tend to ignore.

Using small circular motions, rub it lightly over your face for about a minute, giving it a nice exfoliating scrub.

Next, apply the peel activator. This is what microdermabrasion is all about, removing the dead skin and smoothing out those fine lines. Olay's Peel Activator Serum contains lactic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy acid that resurfaces skin. This is what it looks like:
A gel-like substance that foams up when it connects with the microdermabrasion treatment. Apply liberally on your skin (avoid eyes) mixing it with the crystals and again using small circular motions. It will foam and become kind of a weird texture as the crystals dissolve. You will also FEEL it. It tingles, but shouldn't be uncomfortable. If that tingling segues into burning, wash it off!

It says to massage it on your skin for 45 seconds to 1 minute. I usually go the full minute, mainly because I've used it enough that I know how my skin reacts to it. If you aren't sure or its your first try with microdermabrasion, you can start with 30-45 seconds.

Rinse well with warm water (this takes awhile as you are still going to have some gritty crystals and tightness. I often end up with crystals in my hair!) and pat dry.

Voila!



Eek, Scary no makeup me! But my face is nice and bright and shiny! I use a mild facial lotion afterwards, avoiding anything with retinol as I've noticed it burns my recently microdermed skin.

I would recommend adding microdermabrasion to your regular skincare regime, especially if you are fighting the effects of sun, aging and just plain old living. I use this treatment about twice a month. My skin is dry so more often would be less beneficial in my opinion. If you have oily skin you could probably use it 3 times a month with no problem, but I think once or twice a month is plenty.

Olay Regnerist can be found at any drugstore. I got mine at Target, on sale for $26.00. Plan on spending between $25-30 depending on where you go. Using it twice a month, a supply will usually last me about 4 months. Not a bad deal at all!

Scrub it up! Enjoy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment