Facebook Badge

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Long and the Short of it...

So as many of you know, I decided to make a change in my appearance a few weeks ago. After years of long-ish hair, like this.....

I cut several inches off and now it looks like this:

I have to say, I'm loving short hair much more than I thought I would. I think I have always had a bit of a misconception that cutting off my long hair meant I was getting "old", no longer having the flowing locks of youth.

But the reality is, I have received MANY more compliments on my hair than I ever did when it was long, and most of my friends and family said that shorter hair actually makes me look younger and more carefree (my dad even said it makes me look thinner, lol!)

I'm still kind of figuring out how to style my hair and which products work best, but every day I love it a little more. I'm really glad I did this, and for me, its a reminder about not being afraid to take a chance once in awhile-even the little things can make us feel better about ourselves and give us a boost!

I'm off to start the Thanksgiving prep! This weekend I'll try to post about our Thanksgiving celebration and all the goodies we ate (and maybe give some post-turkey day workout tips...we are ALL gonna need 'em....)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment