Facebook Badge

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Put Some Spring in your Hair!

I recently picked up a new beauty tool (new to me anyway) that says it will give those loose, glorious ringlets we see all the Hollywood girls wearing these days:

This curling iron, by Plugged In is supposed to make creating those curls an easy task. I thought I would try it out.

My hair is super-stick straight and fine, so getting it to curl for any length of time is a challenge....

But I gave it a try!

I found it a bit awkward to use. It comes with a little glove you can wear to keep from burning your hands, but I didn't bother with that. The premise is simple, you just wrap your hair around the wand and hold it there for about ten seconds. The key is getting it to hold! My fine hair wants to slip out of even the fanciest of curling irons and flat irons, so this wasn't the easiest method of curling hair in my opinion.

The results weren't bad, I like the soft waves and it does give my hair some much needed volume:




But I'm not sure it's something I'd use every day. In fact, I know it's not! I don't have an inordinate amount of time to mess with my hair (which is why I am contemplating cutting it all off again! Stay tuned...) and I just don't know that I'll use this very often. In short, I think it is a nice little addition to one's beauty arsenal, but not something you should buy if you want it to replace your regular curling iron!

But in the meantime, it's always fun to try something new. Don't be afraid to try different products and tools, you never know- you just might find your next "must have".




No comments:

Post a Comment