Facebook Badge

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nu Shooz!!!

Okay, so anyone who recognizes the spelling of my title as being the same as a popular 80's "one hit wonder" band....well you are officially as old as me!!!

Anyway...I indulged in some new running shoes today!

These are Asics, my favorite brand. The style is Gel Nimbus 14, which are almost the same as the Gel Nimbus 13s I've been wearing all summer. These are a little more structured, a little more support. Perfect for fall trail running and managing winter snow and ice.

I really wanted pink running shoes. But I tried these on and they were so comfy, and I found myself really liking the bright blue and neon green! Fun colors to brighten up what looks like another longggg winter.


I've been running for about 14 years now, in varying degrees of seriousness. Okay, I've never been "serious". My goal when I compete in a race is to finish-and hopefully not finish last. Thats pretty much it! But thats okay, and thats what I love about running. The only real race is with yourself. Its great for weight control, its great for your heart ( I recently had to go get a stress test/treadmill test and the doctor said he was fairly sure I'm not going to die from a heart attack!) and most importantly, great for your soul.

I'm an outside runner. I will run on a treadmill if that is my only option, but I hate it. I'd rather be outside. Even if its 10 degrees and I'm slipping around and falling in snow berms, there is nothing like breathing in the great outdoors while running. I'm a much better person when I run, calmer, easier to be around, less stressed. I feel better about my body, feel better in my head. Studies have shown that regular, consistant exercise can have the same effect on us as antidepressents. I believe it.

Go get some new pretty shoes and maybe try out a run on your nearby bike path or trail. You'll feel good, look cute in your new shoes, and who knows-you might find a lifelong passion in covering ground, sweating and feeling accomplished when its all said and done.

New shoes also make you run MUCH faster, did you know that? Try it and you'll see!!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute love the colours! And I'm now considering running as a hobbie, maybe I'll give it a try.

    Bethany Paige (www.paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk) X

    ReplyDelete